Members (MACTA, ACM, LMC): $35
Fee includes box lunch
Who Should Attend?
- MACTA Members
Cable Commissioners and Staff
PEG Managers, Board Members, Producers (Volunteers and Staff)
City Elected Officials and Staff
- League of Minnesota Cities Members
- Alliance for Community Media (ACM)
- ACM Midwest Regional Members
On the State Level:
- How will the announcement by the State’s House Commerce Committee Chair to, “Expect a major overhaul of Minnesota’s out-of-date telecom law” impact cities?
- Will state cable franchising arise during these discussions?
- What other cable and telecom issues may come up this session?
- Update on the Broadband Task Force
On the Federal Level:
- How will cities’ authority over rights-of-way and local governments be impacted this year with the changes in Congress and the FCC?
- Update on PEG-related court cases and FCC proceedings
- What Do Cities Need to Know about the $7 Billion FirstNet Nationwide Public Safety network?
|9:15 – 9:30
||Welcome and Introduction
|9:30 – 11:30
Invited Legislative Panelists:
Sen. Dan Sparks (Austin)
- Rep. Joe Atkins (Inver Grove Heights)
- Rep. Sheldon Johnson (Saint Paul)
- Shirley Walz – Governor’s Broadband Task Force
- Dennis Ahlers, Asst. Commissioner – Commerce Department’s Division of Energy Resources
|11:30 – 12:00
||Box lunches and networking, individual prep for lobbying visits
|12:00 – 4:00
||Meet with and interview your Legislators at the Capitol
Legislative Update & Practice Session
MACTA Lobbyists will review MACTA’s positions, provide talking points, and hand-out materials to share with legislators. After lunch, walk to the Capitol for meetings and/or on camera interviews with your legislators. MACTA lobbyists and legislative committee members are available to accompany you to your meeting(s) if desired.
- Mike Reardon, Moderator & MACTA President
Jodie Miller , NATOA Board & MACTA Legislative Co-Chair
Joe Bagnoli and Sarah Psick, MACTA Lobbyists
Cancellation: Registration fee less a $10 administration charge can be refunded up to 72 hours prior to the seminar. No refund for cancellation notice less than 72 hours.